Our lactation consultant provides consultancy on all aspects of lactation. Our lactation counsellors help new mothers to cope up with issues pertaining to breast feeding like low milk production, latching issues, breast pump usage, etc. Lactation is vital both for the new born and the mother. The new born is supplied with the right amount of essential nutrients and antibodies via mother's milk. Also, it is easy in terms of digestion for the little tummy and prevents constipation.
There are many advantages of breastfeeding for the mother as well as the baby
- The colostrum also known commonly as liquid gold made just after birth is rich in nutrients and antibodies that protect the baby.
- It contains the right amount of fat, sugar, water, essential enzymes and protein which is optimum for the baby's growth.
- It helps fight diseases or make the baby less prone to some diseases such as ear infections, diarrhoea, necrotizing enterocolitits in preterm babies as well as lessens the likelihood of asthma and obesity as the child gets older.
- Most importantly it lowers the risk of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome).
- Lessens the risk of postpartum haemorrhage.
- Helps in weight reduction and it has lots of other added benefits like easy contraction of uterus to its normal size.
- Breastfeeding for at least 6 months lessens the chances of pre-menopausal breast cancer.
- Cervical cancer and osteoporosis is less common.
- Helps in burning calories.
Above all, the happiness of feeding your new born and the kind of bond it nurtures is incomparable. Understanding these, lactating mothers are taken on a course which details them on every aspect of taking care of the baby right from day one.
Lactation counselling at Manipal provides valuable information on the various things to be considered and kept in mind while feeding baby which enables a successful and comfortable lactating experience. Our consultant gives a clear idea on the correct latching technique which is how to make the baby suckle the right way. Expressing and storing milk are two very important techniques which working mothers should know to improve the health and immunity of the child. Our hospital gives the best lactation counselling sessions in the country which gives valuable information on how breastfeeding is advantageous to the mother and child.
A lot of mothers have queries on breastfeeding which is clearly addressed here. We urge you to opt for our lactation counselling services since they are extremely helpful for new mothers and helps then feel comfortable and overcome hurdles if any in the process of lactation.